Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Summer Bucket List update! #3

July is almost over already! Summer will be over before you know it. Where did all the time go? Why does winter always last so much longer? Well, despite it all we are still chugging along with Javon's Summer Bucket List, and we have a big update to share today! Let's jump right in!
 
 
5. Have a picnic
We had a relaxed day back the at the Splash pad a few weeks ago, and we packed a lunch and it made for a fun afternoon!
 
 
7. Get ice cream from the ice cream truck.
This one proved a challenge this year. I have not heard the ice cream truck come through our neighborhood at all this summer! So we had to compromise with this one. When we are on the beach in Atlantic City, there are always a few men pushing large coolers with big wheels through the crowds of people as they yell "ICE CREAM!" For 2-3$ you can get a popsicle of your choice from the dry ice filled freezer. Javon loves it, and is always the first to spot the coolers rolling down the beach. I wish I had a picture of the ice cream carts, I searched Google high and low and sadly could not find one, and I did not have a picture. But I do have one of the yummy treats that came from him!
 
8. Have a sleepover
Javon received a treat this weekend by having one of his favorite people in the whole wide world tag along on our beach trip! Mason spent the night at our home before we left and then spent 2 nights with us at the beach!
 
20. Make homemade popsicles
Javon LOVES popsicles. He would eat them all day every day if we let him! I had picked up a popsicle maker at the dollar store and we had juice at the house. We poured juice into the slot before bedtime and in the morning we had popsicles!
 
25. Ride bikes on the boardwalk
On our last day in AC during our most recent trip, we packed up and headed to Ocean City to spend our last day. It is my favorite little town, I love all the sights and sounds. Renting a bike to ride the boards in the morning is the best way to experience it all! We rent our bikes from Ocean City Bicycle Center on 8th & Atlantic. They have any kind of bike you may need from Surreys to trike's! We rented 2 normal bikes and a tandem bike for Javon and I which actually worked out better then I thought it would!  
 
30. Go to the batting cages
Our go-to mini golf spot, locally is The Meadows on 22. Not only is it fun, its clean and well maintained. Recently they added batting cages and bumper cars to add even more fun! What started as a simple ice cream shop is really turning into something great that our area really needed!
 
55. Ride Go-Carts
With Groupon from Adventure Sports, we were able to enjoy a lot a round go mini-golf and some arcade time plus a go-cart ride about 2 weeks ago for only 18$
 
 
56. Visit a new town
We visited Avalon while at the Shore this weekend. We stopped in the evening and played a round of Mini Golf. It was a ritzy little shore town. I felt out of place, it was quite fancy as were the people. The Hampton's of New Jersey maybe?
 
63. Sidewalk chalk tic-tac-toe
Javon loves tic-tac-toe. We play it a lot at restaurant's while waiting for our food, so this was right up his alley. Just be warned if you ever play with him, he likes cheat!
 
 
66. Sunset on the Bay
This trip to the beach we did not stay on the boardwalk as we usually do. This time we stayed at Harrah's resort on The bay. It was awesome! I think it was my favorite stay in AC ever. We had a room in the newer Waterfront Tower, which offered stunning views! I will be reviewing our stay here soon. I didn't get a picture of an actually sunset, but this is close enough as it was beginning to set!
 
69. Play at a new playground
Last time we visited the splash pad we had no time to enjoy the playground, it was a new experience on our most recent visit!
 
72. Sidewalk chalk hopscotch
 
77. Hot Wheels painting.
See my previous post for details!
 
78. Ride a new rollercoaster
We have HersheyPark season passes. We always have and always will! We are there a lot! Prior to this year, Javon could only ride the Trailblazer. This year though, he is finally a Reese's and can ride bigger rides! He has now concurred both the comet and the super doper looper, and he loves them both!
 
82. Go to an Outdoor famers market.
When I was younger, I loved going to the small famers market at the Farm Show complex with my Mom, Aunt and Grandma. We would get fresh corn on the cob and baked goods from the Amish and then get French fries and sandwiches' for lunch. Javon and I stopped by on my way to work one day and we shared some of the delicious fresh French fries and Javon also had his first Whoopie Pie!
 
91. Play baseball in the yard
 
 
97. Glow Stick bubble bath
I saw this idea on Pintrest and figured Javon would get a kick out of it. I bought 2 packs of 5 glow sticks at the dollar store and tossed them into a bubble bath and turned off the lights. The only thing I wish I would of done differently was add more glow sticks!
 
 
 
98. Boogie board at the beach
Boogie boarding was always my favorite thing to do at the beach as a kid. Javon is still young, but he already is catching on and getting out there to catch some waves!
 
 
 
As much as I wish that I could glue a camera to my hand and have it there at all the right times, there has been some items checked off with no photos to go with.
 
On Saturday Javon attended a Lancaster Barnstormers baseball game with his Pop-Pop and they saw fireworks after the game.
4. Watch Fireworks
62. Go to a baseball game
 
Whenever we are in the car on long drives and sometime when we are just relaxing outside we will play I-Spy with my little eye!
22. Play I-Spy outside
 
Javon is the pickiest eater I have ever came across! He eats maybe 10 different foods. When ever he tries something new it's a big deal. The most recent thing he tried was Pork BBQ. We had to tell him it was chicken and I still didn't think he would go near the stuff since it had sauce on it. He did try it, and guess what? He loved it! He couldn't stop eating it!
27. Try a new food
 
I work a full time job with unconventional hours. I don't get home most nights till 9pm. It is not unsual for Javon to stay up with me till close to 11. This Saturday he was so excited that Mason was staying the night with us he was up well back Midnight!
37. Stay up late
 
Javon loves to go along when his MiMi takes our Dog Gucci for a walk. It is summer so naturally they have been on many walks recently!
45. Walk the dog 
 
This summer has been full of adventure and Javon is getting quite brave! He rode 2 different big water slides at HersheyPark this year since he is now tall enough. Last weekend he also rode Tidal Force for the first time and loved it!
80. Ride a big water slide
 
  
If your still counting with you, that is 45 down, 55 to go! Almost half way there!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment