Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Liked it, Pinned it, Tried it! Hot Wheels painting & Water Balloon piñata's

 I love Pintrest! Is there anyone out there who doesn't? It's like a guilty pleasure, when ever I am bored, I can spend hours  scanning through thousands of pins. From birthday party ideas to recipes, work outs and diets, and anything else your creative brain desires, you will find it there. Pintrest is like an encyclopedia of children's activites. You could spend years pinning activites to try with your little ones! Recently Javon and I tried 2 easy pins with success

The first one we tried was painting with Hot Wheels. I mean, what could go wrong here? My kid is obsessed with hot wheels. They are pretty much the only things he plays with on a daily basis. I picked up some simple finger paint (it was actually the only kind of paint they had) at the dollar store. We already had what seems like millions of hot wheels scattered through out every corner of our home. We were set! The only thing I wish we had done differently is to have bigger paper. We just used basic computer paper, but poster board would be more ideal. I laid the paper out, poured some of the paint onto paper plates, and provided a few cars to Javon and he ran with it! 



What little boy wouldn't love making tire tracks with hot wheels? Javon had a ton of fun with this. We will do this again for sure, with larger paper of course! 


The other activity we tried was water balloon piñata's. I won't lie, I saw this and thought it looked cool but didn't think we would try it. Where would I tie the balloons? How would I fill the balloons enough and still be able to tie them? Turns out my dollar store water balloons worked just fine! I tied the balloons to the old clothes line in our backyard. I filled each one, carried them to the line and quickly tied them. The weight of the balloons did cause 2 of them to break before the fun could begin, leaving 5 out of 7 for whacking. Armed with a plastic baseball bat and decked in his swim trucks, Javon went to work swinging the bat until all the balloons popped. 



 
This was another fun activity that is great for hot summer days! 

Hopefully you can try these ideas too! 

We will be back soon with an update on The summer bucket list progress. We hope everyone's week is filled with tons of summer fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment